on an afternoon was we were listening to coast-to-coast
I love, love, love yellow roses.
Back 30 years ago as of July 24, 1982, when we brought our first son home from the hospital, my yellow rose was blooming and I fell in love with this color.
My favorite yellow that I just adore is the yellow that is tinged with pink on the edges, but it seems a little harder to find. This is a Knockout from Wal-Mart, and it’s just yellow, but such a wonderful rich lemon yellow that changes to white as it stays open. And the scent is just heavenly and fragrant, A little spicy and yet sweet too. At first I wanted the yellow to last longer, but the more I grow it the more the white grows on me too. Perfect for a moon garden. Seems to be doing pretty well with a little rose food and moisture. So out came my watercolours, just to sketch, not necessarily produce a finished painting.
and I tried another one with a darker background, but lost my momentum
I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day.
I have lots of original watercolor paintings, finished and everything, on my etsy shop along with beautiful photographs.
- Day 118. Watercolor Paints Bird (mkdickerson.com)
- Winter Cardinal Love WaterColour (newmexicomtngirl.com)
- Purple Crocus Pushing Thru Watercolour (newmexicomtngirl.com)
- “Gnarled Sentry” Original Watercolor Painting (niebruggestudio.com)
- What It Is (lindastudley.com)
- Watercolour Flower by Margaret Ellem (O’Toole) (habitatcentreforarts.wordpress.com)
- Paint a Shamrock Resist (education.com)
- Watercolor Collection by Rose Art (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- Flawless Watercolor: Perfectly Hand-painted Letters, Numbers, and Patterns (jeanniejeannie.com)
- 29 Faces in May; Face 7 (blissfulart.wordpress.com)
- Paint a Watercolor Haunted House! (education.com)
- My Gouache Geisha ~~ Cuban Gouache Backstory (maureenoward.com)
- Make a Popsicle Stick Puzzle (education.com)
- more painting, less surfing (newmexicomtngirl.com)