Last summer on one of our fishing forays out into the surrounding country-side we headed north up towards Costilla, New Mexico. This is a wonderful drive along the western side our San de Cristo mountain range. When we come upon the Costilla (rib) turn-off and head due east, straight into the mountains themselves. We follow Costilla Creek in all it’s rich and moist greenness compared to where we live up on a high and dry, piñon covered mesa range of the mountains. My honey fishes while I photograph anything and everything I think is beautiful. One little spot next to the creek was so green and cool and smelled so sweet….
I’ve posted this somewhere because I love it so, but for now it inspired my still feeling under the weather brain.
so I doodled and played with three (tres) which turned into four (quatro) white (blanco) water (aqua) flowers (flores)
I used Paynes Grey, cadmium yellow pale, sap green and viridian hue green, all Winsor Newton colors.
Today is/was my Grandmothers birthday. She always remembered mine because I was born two days before hers. It was one of our special things that she shared with just me. I miss Grandma Hogard (my father’s mother).
- New watercolor illustrations for farmhouse cottage or loft. (thepaintedcottagehome.com)
- Getting Comfortable with Watercolor (mwashburnart.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Kogan’s Art is Featured this Week on Harold Underdown’s FB cover photo (moreart4all.wordpress.com)
- When did I make my first TradeOff? Day 220 (paintersjourneytolife.wordpress.com)
- Tips for Photographing Mountains (nikonusa.com)
- DIY Watercolor Decor (makesomethingmondays.wordpress.com)
Tags: abundance, affordable art, art, arts, artwork, beautiful, CheyAnne Sexton, Costilla new mexico, cristo mountain range, doodle, fine art, fishing forays, flowers, four, gardens, glow, grateful, green, illustration, light, me, Mountain range, mountains, nature, new mexico, outdoors, painting, photo, photos, pictures, roadtrip, southwest, spring, sweetness, taos new mexico, thankful, three, travel, water flowers, watercolor, watercolor paint, watercolor painting, watercolour, weeds, wet in wet, white, white flowers, wildflowers, winsor newton, yellow